Report: Dallas/Fort Worth Named America’s Top 3 Tourism Destination
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – If you were to name the country’s top tourism destinations, where would Dallas/Fort Worth fall on the list?
Behind only Los Angeles and New York, North Texas is America’s third most desirable place to visit, according to a new report from Resonance Consultancy Ltd.
The report considered cities from a business and a leisure perspective, using tourism attractions, hotels, flights, and traveler reviews as some of the deciding factors. The number of major league sports teams and crime rate statistics were evaluated as well.
Dallas scored the third spot on the list thanks to an expanded Arts District, and the recent additions of the Perot Museum, George W. Bush Presidential Center, and Klyde Warren Park. The report also cited the “Big Things Happen Here,” campaign and the social media hashtag #DallasBIG for creating excitement and buzz around the city.
Here’s a look at the report’s Top 20:
1. Los Angeles
2. New York
3. Dallas/Fort Worth
5. San Francisco
6. Las Vegas
7. San Diego
17. Washington D.C.
18. St. Louis
20. New Orleans
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Giant Foam Blocks Keep Bridge Approaches From Settling
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting