Tasha’s To Do List: August 1-3
DALLAS (KRLD) — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Dallas-Fort Worth area? Tasha Stevens has you covered!
— You know this guy from SNL and movies like “The Jerk”, ‘Planes, Trains and Automobiles” and “Father of the Bride.” But did you know he is a madman on the banjo? See Steve Martin as he is joined by Edie Brickell Friday evening, Friday at the Winspear.
— When you think of this band’s name, Spinal Tap comes to mind. The guys were about to play their first gig and they still didn’t have a name, so they chose a name from a Monty Python sketch because they thought it would be hilarious. The Spinal Tap comparison comes in to play with how the name was used in the sketch, which was a fake news report about a band. The verbiage was “Rex Stardust, lead electric triangle with Toad the Wet Sprocket, has had to have an elbow removed following their recent successful worldwide tour of Finland. Flamboyant ambidextrous Rex apparently fell off the back of a motorcycle. Plans are now afoot for a major tour of Iceland.”
See Toad the West Sprocket Friday night at the House of Blues.
— I don’t know about you, but anytime I can save money, I am all for it. The Dollar Days at the Dallas Arboretum kicks off Friday and runs through the month of August. Enjoy one of the last staycations of the summer with $1 general garden admission and $1 Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden admission to all visitors.
— The North Dallas Toy Show is happening this Saturday, August 2 from 9 to 2 at Valley View Center Mall. They’ll have over 40 tables of Star Wars stuff, Legos, Hot Wheels, Sci Fi Collectibles and much more.
— If you are a Jerry Garcia fan, be sure to check out this Saturday’s Jerry Garcia Festival with Grateful Dead tribute band Forgotten Space at the Granada.
— Get out of the heat and learn some cool stuff at the same time. Pandas: The Journey Home 3D Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D and Flight of the Butterflies in 3D are just some of the cool 3-D films you can see at the Perot Museum in Dallas.
— If you are a Journey fan, you can hear the next best thing this weekend. Check out Journey tribute band “Escape” at Z Grill & Tap in Flower Mound this Saturday night.
- High School Athletes Shoot For Clean Bill Of Health Before School
- Trains Silencing Horns Through Downtown Mesquite
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Frisco Police Investigating Deadly Shooting
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting