DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child was rushed to the hospital after a fall at the American Airlines Center. The incident happened Wednesday night and interrupted the opening of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in Dallas.
Dave Brown is the general manager of the AAC. He stated that a 2-year-old girl was seeing the circus with her family, sitting in the front row of an upper level. They were leaving their seats just prior to intermission when, somehow, the child tumbled down to the Plaza Level seats below. Right now, officials are calling it an awful accident.
Brown did not provide an estimate of how far the child fell.
Dallas Fire-Rescue crews who working inside of the arena rushed over to help the toddler. She was transported by ambulance to nearby Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. There has been no word on her current condition. Her name has not been released.
Brown said in a statement that “our thoughts and prayers” are with the child.
- Rockwall Leaders To Debate Proposed Bathroom Law
- Suspected Drunk Driver Breaks RR Crossing Arm, Roads Closed
- Fatal Accident Temporarily Closes SB Central Expressway
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes Abandon $34B Merger
- Two Family Dollar Stores Robbed In Fort Worth
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting