GM Financial To Expand Operations Center In Arlington
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — General Motors Financial Company Inc. has purchased a facility in Arlington to expand its operations center campus there and accommodate 800 to 900 employees, most of them new hires, the company said Friday.
GM Financial said the 240,000-square-foot facility is located on 22 acres. The Fort Worth-based company, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors Company, said the new hires would be added over the next two to three years.
GM Financial will begin occupying the space in the next few months, but renovations over the next two years will upgrade the exterior, interior and parking lot. The new office space will be used for operations and as a training and conference center.
“The purchase of this building demonstrates the continued growth and expansion that GM Financial has experienced during the past three years,” Dan Berce, president and CEO of GM Financial, said in a news release. “We have more than doubled our employee base in North America and are pleased to have acquired this additional office space in such close proximity to our existing operations center.”
The new facility is located one block east of two buildings currently occupied by nearly 2,150 GM Financial employees and used for operations and customer service.
The company, which has 4,600 employees in North America, also has customer service centers in Chandler, Arizona; Huntersville, North Carolina; and in Canada in Peterborough, Ontario. The company also has 17 credit centers in the U.S. and Canada.
The company has 6,200 employees worldwide.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- Fort Worth Family Says Someone Shot Dog In Their Backyard
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting