PRESTON HOLLOW (CBSDFW.COM) – What would it be like to live in a house like the White House? You don’t have to imagine anymore. It’s called the Dallas White House. It looks like the original but, it’s not a cheap substitute.
It can be yours for $19,500,000. No secret service, though.
Joan Eleazer with Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty, gave CBS 11 a tour of the stately property. “This home was built in the 90s but purchased by the current owners in 2001 and it went through extensive renovation for 2 years,” she said.
The home is adorned with lot of antiques from Europe.
“Many of the chandeliers and fireplaces were brought in Italy and France and assembled here,” says Eleazer.
There are 8 fireplaces- some from the time of King Louis the 13th. Including one in the kitchen that frames the Viking cooking range.
The living space is spread over 16, 000 square feet that includes a bar, library, 4 bedrooms and 5 full baths.
It also has 4 half baths.
The master bedroom has a rare carved wood fireplace. It has not one but two master bathrooms. “Her bathroom has a gorgeous fireplace in it,” she told us. “His bathroom has a floor patterned after one seen in Versailles.”
No Lincoln bedroom here but the guest bedroom is fit for a princess. It has cornices over the beds with plush bedding. The bathroom light fixtures came from an old stage coach in Europe.
While there’s no Oval office here, the family room has a curved wall.
” It has a beautiful curvature of the window area overlooking the rear grounds,” she said.
For dinner guests — a well-stocked butler’s pantry leads to the stately dining hall with an antique venetian chandelier.
The theater can be accessed by the elevator.
Eleazer pointed to the focal point – the stage. “The theater seats 24 people, it has a beautiful grand stage with a curtain and a screen behind it.”
Outside the Dallas White House lives up to its name. The front reminds people of the North Portico of the White House.
The back has a resemblance to the portico on the South Lawn. The Dallas White House sits on a 3.3 acre lot. It has a pool, tennis Pavilion and Koi pond.
It may not be exactly like the White House, but it comes pretty close. That’s Living Large.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Suspects In 4 Overnight 7-Eleven Robberies Caught In Arlington
- Consumer Justice Helps Students Affected By Sudden Driving School Closures
- Dallas Lawmaker Wants Attacks On Police Classified ‘Hate Crimes’
- Officers Save Man From Burning Car In Flower Mound
- 4-Alarm Fire Damages 3 Biz, 2 Dozen Cars In Balch Springs
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting