North Texans Enjoy Unseasonably Cool Weather
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The rarity of high 60s and low 70s at night in North Texas, isn’t lost on people who live here.
The cool weather drew plenty of people outdoors Friday night, filling up patios at restaurants and bars.
“We’re in shock that the weather is this nice,” said Fermin Rodriguez, enjoying an outdoor dinner with his wife and kids on Lower Greenville.
No need for cooling fans or misters either — in fact, many people chose long sleeves, jackets and sweaters before heading out. After all, this is Texas.
“Oh, if it just lasts for tonight I’m good, because I’m out and having a good time,” said Sonji Killyon.
In far North Dallas, at the Northbark Dog Park, pet owners found the temperatures a welcome relief.
“It’s been a lot cooler than normal, and he can play a lot longer,” said Rebecca Barton, with her dog, Trigger.
Friday was the coolest August first since 1971.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor’s Debate
- Police Now Involved In Battle Over Locked Fire Hydrants
- Possible Attempted Child Abduction In Keller
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting