Rangers Promote Dominant Reliever Klein, DFA Feierabend
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A day after opting to stand pat at the trade deadline, the Texas Rangers have purchased the contract of right-handed pitcher Phil Klein from Triple-A Round Rock.
Klein — 6-foot-7, 260-pound reliever — has been dominant over 33 relief appearances with Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Round Rock, going 3-0 with a 0.52 ERA.
The right-hander has not allowed a run over his last 35.0 innings of work at the minor league level, spanning 22 appearances. He has totaled 70 strikeouts against 20 walks, averaging 13.7 strikeouts per 9 innings.
Opposing hitters are batting just .132. No one has collected an extra base hit in his two stops.
The club designated left-handed pitcher Ryan Feierabend for assignment to make room on the active and 40-man rosters. Texas has 10 days to trade, release, or outright Feierabend to the minor leagues.
The club also announced that catcher Geovany Soto is scheduled to begin an injury rehabilitation assignment Friday for Triple-A Round Rock. Soto was placed on the 15-day disabled list on July 22 after suffering a right groin strain.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Hundreds Gather To Celebrate Life Of Dallas Artist Roosevelt Wilkerson.
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting