Spurs Sign Tony Parker To Multi-Year Extension
SAN ANTONIO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Tony Parker has played his entire 13-year career in San Antonio. The franchise took a step towards making sure it ends there too.
The San Antonio Spurs have signed point guard Tony Parker to a multi-year contract extension.
Yahoo Sports reports the three-year extension, which begins in the 2015-16 season, is worth as much as $45 million.
Parker averaged 16.7 points and 5.7 assists in 29 minutes per game last season to help the Spurs to the franchise’s fifth NBA title.
Parker has spent all 13 seasons of his career in San Antonio and was due to make $12.5 million next season in the final year of his existing contract. But the Spurs made sure he will stick around longer than that, locking up the 32-year-old Parker, who is one of the elite point guards in the league.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- A Machete Drawn, Did A North Texas Deputy Do Enough?
- War Veteran Donates Kidney To Dallas Man
- Distracted Driver Hits 13-Year-Old Boy
- South Dallas Neighborhood Dumping Ground For Dogs
- Spieth Has Shot At Being Top Golfer In The World Soon
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting