Dallas Kids Get ‘Revved’ Up For School
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Students in Oak Cliff head back to school with school supplies donated by a local motorcycle club.
The Wolverines Motorcycle Club was in Wynnewood Village Shopping Center passing out school supplies to children in need Saturday.
The children received everything from paper, pens, notebooks, crayons among other necessities.
The Executive Director of the shopping center, Abe Jaquez, was happy that area families could benefit from The Wolverines efforts.
“That is a part of what we do here. We’re trying to get families here and help them to become and develop into families that can say we’re going to provide for our children and we’re going to come in and help support them,” said Jaquez.
The group also handed out more than 100 new backpacks to children.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Car Burglary Suspect Caught Using Stolen Credit Cards
- Black Friday Shoppers Already Setting Up Camp
- Officials Confirm Another Quake Near Irving, TX Tuesday Afternoon
- No. 6 TCU Takes Same Approach Visit To Longhorns
- Dallas Nurse Amber Vinson Asks Bridal Shop For Refund
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting