105.3 THE FAN — Howdy humans.
– The Bud Light Beach House is entirely too nice. You can check some photos out on my Twitter @jc1053 for a few pictures and whatnot. I’m terrified to touch things. Plus Mike Bacsik and I are sharing a bed, and I’m starting to wonder what goes on while I’m sleeping.
– Having different people from different generations in the same place talking sports is awesome. Brad Sham and Mickey Spagnola are at the Bud Light Beach House with us right now watching the HOF ceremony and debating guys who should/shouldn’t be in, and it’s just awesome to have different perspectives of different guys who have seen different things in their lifetimes. Terrell Owens is a HOF’er no matter what these old guys try to tell me.
Jeff Cavanaugh (@JC1053) August 03, 2014
– The guy who stands out at a Cowboys practice is the same guy that it’s been every day for the last couple of years. Dez Bryant is a machine. There is not a person in this training camp or maybe any other that can stop him from doing whatever he wants on a football field.
– Other standouts: Zack Martin. This guy is a stud. Watching him work in 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 drills is great. In 1 on 1’s, Henry Melton is definitely not winning, Martin is. In 2 on 2’s it’s Martin and free against Melton and George Selvie. The only time the defense wins is if Selvie or Melton beats Free on a twist; they’re not beating Zack Martin. He’s going to be great from day one.
Also Cole Beasley is tough to deal with in 1 on 1’s. Orlando Scandrick gave it a shot and ended up cussing at himself during the routes. Cole is really tough to deal with out of the slot. His shiftiness and acceleration just make it tough for the DB’s when he has an option of in/out from the slot.
– Terrence Mitchell, the 7th rounder out of Oregon, is making noise out here. On this day he was definitely a better player than BW Webb and looks like a guy who can make the 53 man. Jon Machota of the Morning News and I talked to him for about 10 minutes after practice and he doesn’t lack for confidence/swagger/competitiveness. He also said if he could invite 3 people ever over for dinner it would be God, Tupac and his dad. I would like to hear the conversations.