CHICAGO, Il (AP) – The Texas Rangers have added outfielder-first baseman Mike Carp to their 25-man roster.
Catcher Chris Gimenez was placed Monday on the paternity list, where he can be up to three days.
The moves were made before the Rangers’ game at the Chicago White Sox, a day after Texas got Carp on a waiver claim from Boston.
Carp hit .198 without a homer and nine RBIs in 42 games this season for Boston. He is a career .260 hitter in 301 major league games with Seattle (2009-12) and Boston (2013-14).
Left-hander Ryan Feierabend was assigned outright to Triple-A Round Rock, where he made 19 starts before getting called up July 12. He made six relief appearances for Texas, which designated him for assignment on Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Spirited Debate Over Future Of Fair Park
- Ponder Booster Club Out $21K, Parents Blame Fellow Member
- Murder Mystery In San Marcos Impacts North Texas Family
- Mysterious Tunnels Under North Texas Explained
- “No Trespassing Signs” Going Up At Tent City Under I-45