AP — The Southeastern Conference will try to climb back to the mountaintop minus some of its biggest stars.
Top contenders like Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia and LSU are breaking in new quarterbacks. Gone are high-profile players like Jadeveon Clowney and Johnny Manziel, along with Heisman Trophy finalists AJ McCarron and Tre Mason.
The wild 2013 season is also giving other teams around the league hope. Few could have imagined Missouri and Auburn playing for the SEC title last season _ much less a Kick-6 settling the Western Division and the Iron Bowl.
Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III says: “You never know who’s going to be the best, and that’s why the SEC is the best conference in college football.”
Florida State ended the SEC’s streak of seven straight national titles, though.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- I-45 Closed After Semi Carrying Hogs Crashes, Catches Fire
- NASCAR Suspends Interim Crew Chief For Kyle Busch
- Singer Kelly Clarkson Plans Second Picture Book
- Prosecutors Settle Panda Express Discrimination Claim
- Affluenza Mom Tonya Couch Returns To Court Thursday