A-Rod’s Cousin Arrested By Feds
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a cousin of baseball star Alex Rodriguez is among those charged alongside the owner of a now-defunct Florida clinic who was accused of providing performance-enhancing drugs to Major League Baseball players.
Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Mia Ro says Yuri Sucart was among nine people arrested. Also arrested was former clinic owner Anthony Bosch, who was charged Tuesday with conspiracy to distribute steroids.
It was not immediately clear what Sucart had been charged with.
Sucart was banned from the New York Yankees clubhouse, charter flights, bus and other team-related activities by Major League Baseball in 2009 after Rodriguez admitted he used steroids while with the Texas Rangers from 2000-03, saying Sucart obtained and injected the drugs for him.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 12 Texas A&M Loses Jones For Season
- Crashes Continue As Snow Day Turns To Night
- Snow Day Brings Accidents, Traffic, & Some Fun Across North Texas
- Good Samaritan & His Hummer Saving Stranded Drivers
- Snow, Ice Cause Daytime & Commute Problems In Denton County