Cowboys Camp Notes With Cavanaugh
OXNARD (105.3 THE FAN) — The Cowboys are really struggling with health in the secondary. When they go 1’s vs 1’s, their starting corners are Orlando Scandrick, BW Webb and Terrance Mitchell. Terrance has a real chance to make the roster, but they really could use bodies just to get through practices. Those guys are having to go nonstop.
– The star of practice Monday was Dwayne Harris, with honorable mention going to Cole Beasley. Dwayne made multiple really big plays in the team portion at the end of practice on a variety of routes, including a 1 yard TD catch on a goal line slant with Orlando Scandrick draped all over him. He’s really showing an ability to make an impact as a WR and not just a return man. Beasley continues to shine out of the slot and his ability to go side to side opened up a deep ball that ended practice today. He was going against Scandrick and his quickness on in/out routes set it up for him to just run by #32. It was about a 40-yard bomb from Romo to end the day.
– After extensive work in the Blue/White scrimmage, Romo took part in plenty of practice reps again today. Believe he has a scheduled day off tomorrow, but seeing him back out there in pads after a day where he threw about 25 passes in live practice — encouraging to see that he was able to go back out there and do it again.
– Kristi Scales and Chris Arnold had a pretty intense 40 yard dash race. Chris and his 4 herniated disks pulled out the win, but Kristi put up a solid fight. (WATCH)
– Couple of guys looked good in OL/DL 1 on 1’s and 2 on 2’s. Henry Melton showed some good pass rush moves to beat Zack Martin a couple of times. Tyrone Crawford looks like that Achilles is fine and can make it tough on guys with his quickness and strength. #56 Martez Wilson shows some of the burst they want out of their RDE spot. Caesar Rayford also flashed a couple of times against backup OL.
– Kinda surprised how much Jason Witten talks trash while he plays. Sometimes he even cusses at people. We’ll have him on Tuesday after their early session and see if he’ll drop an m-f’er on us.
– Love you guys.
- NFC East Preview: Will Murray’s Departure Be Too Much For Dallas?
- New SMU Coach Chad Morris Certain Of Turnaround Despite Odds
- Andrus Leads Rangers To 8-6 Win Over Padres
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- CBS Sports To Stream NFL On CBS Coverage For Regular & Postseason Games Headlined By Super Bowl 50