BALTIMORE (AP) — After partnering with Speedo through most of his swimming career, Michael Phelps has agreed to a new deal with Aqua Sphere.
The company is a newcomer to competitive swimming, but is already designing a racing suit that Phelps can begin wearing on Jan. 1. The deal is a huge coup for Aqua Sphere as it tries to gain a foothold alongside companies such as Arena, Speedo and Tyr.
Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, will be working with Aqua Sphere on a range of products beyond racing suits, hoping to lure more kids into swimming and reduce the number of drowning deaths. Phelps tells The Associated Press “this is an exciting part of my career that I’ve never been able to experience before.”
The deal will officially be announced Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips From CBS11 Story Lead To Felony Theft Warrant For Suspect
- FDA Approves New Non-Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
- Irving Mayor Leaving For Job In Trump Administration
- Student In Richland Hills Brings BB Gun To School
- Ex Punk-Rocker O’Rourke Launches Longshot Bid Against Cruz