Phelps Signs With New Suit Company
BALTIMORE (AP) — After partnering with Speedo through most of his swimming career, Michael Phelps has agreed to a new deal with Aqua Sphere.
The company is a newcomer to competitive swimming, but is already designing a racing suit that Phelps can begin wearing on Jan. 1. The deal is a huge coup for Aqua Sphere as it tries to gain a foothold alongside companies such as Arena, Speedo and Tyr.
Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, will be working with Aqua Sphere on a range of products beyond racing suits, hoping to lure more kids into swimming and reduce the number of drowning deaths. Phelps tells The Associated Press “this is an exciting part of my career that I’ve never been able to experience before.”
The deal will officially be announced Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hunt County Child Pornographer Sentenced To 60 Years
- Body Of Murdered Man Found Along Garland’s Duck Creek
- Lake Ray Hubbard Busy With Boaters
- Rangers Activate RHP Neftali Feliz From DL; Option Nick Martinez
- Spike In Accidental Child Drownings Seen As Epidemic