BALTIMORE (AP) — After partnering with Speedo through most of his swimming career, Michael Phelps has agreed to a new deal with Aqua Sphere.
The company is a newcomer to competitive swimming, but is already designing a racing suit that Phelps can begin wearing on Jan. 1. The deal is a huge coup for Aqua Sphere as it tries to gain a foothold alongside companies such as Arena, Speedo and Tyr.
Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, will be working with Aqua Sphere on a range of products beyond racing suits, hoping to lure more kids into swimming and reduce the number of drowning deaths. Phelps tells The Associated Press “this is an exciting part of my career that I’ve never been able to experience before.”
The deal will officially be announced Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three Cowboys Among NFL MVP Candidates
- Officer Says Prosecutors Silenced Him In Sandra Bland Case
- Services Held For Texas Father, Son Killed In France Attack
- Appeal Rejected For Man On Death Row For Killing Fort Worth Girl
- Group Holding Silent Protest In Downtown Dallas Tonight