TXDOT Admits Billing Error For DFW Connector Drivers
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – TXDOT is admitting to a big “oops” when it comes to those new managed toll lanes in the DFW Connector project in Grapevine.
Toll tag users were billed about $171,000 collectively for what TXDOT said would be a ‘free’ period along the newly completed toll lanes on Hwy 114.
The North Texas Tollway Authority which is in partnership with TXDOT to execute the billing says that since it was TXDOT that promoted the free period they didn’t have a fail-safe in place in case there was an error.
Michael Rey with the NTTA says about 40,000 drivers who used the toll lanes from May 27 thru July 6 will be credited for the erroneous tolls.
Those without toll tags won’t notice a difference because the problem was caught before ZipCash bills were mailed out for that time period.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Time To Grab Some New Studs Before Anyone Else In Your Fantasy League Does
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion