LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Jason Dufner is hurting as he defends his PGA Championship.
Dufner has a sore neck because of a degenerative arthritic condition. He also blames himself for not staying in better shape.
The 37-year-old Dufner had an epidural early last week, then tied for 66th at Firestone. He feels like the only way to get healthy is to take six to eight weeks off, but can’t afford to do that with the Ryder Cup approaching.
Dufner is eighth in the points and figures he needs to earn one of the nine automatic spots to be on the team. Given his health, he wouldn’t expect to be one of the three picks by U.S. captain Tom Watson.
If Dufner qualifies, he may sit out the FedEx Cup playoffs to ensure he’s healthy.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bitter Cold Bears Down On North Texas
- Man Arrested For Breaking Into Apartment, Sexually Assaulting Woman
- Prosecution Rests In Cochran Murder Trial; ME Finds No Sex Assault
- Chained Children Weren’t Allowed To Tell People Their Names
- Vet Says Dog Flu On Rise In North Texas