PLANO (AP) – The North Texas Tollway Authority this month marks the 25th anniversary of its electronic TollTag technology by offering drivers a price break.
NTTA officials say any customer who opens a new TollTag account or adds a TollTag to an existing account on any Thursday in August gets a $5 toll credit.
Plano-based NTTA still serves nearly 5,000 active account holders who signed up 1989, including some being recognized Thursday at authority headquarters.
The authority currently has more than 2.9 million active TollTags.
TollTag technology that began in North Texas in 1989 is now used worldwide. Further advances led to NTTA’s conversion to an all-electronic system in 2010.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oak Cliff Library Checks Out More Than Books
- North Texas Woman Gets $55,000 Hotel Bill For ‘Unspecified Damages’
- Promising Wonder Pill Adds Years To Dog’s Life
- Rangers To Retire Uniform Number Of Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare