PLANO (AP) – The North Texas Tollway Authority this month marks the 25th anniversary of its electronic TollTag technology by offering drivers a price break.
NTTA officials say any customer who opens a new TollTag account or adds a TollTag to an existing account on any Thursday in August gets a $5 toll credit.
Plano-based NTTA still serves nearly 5,000 active account holders who signed up 1989, including some being recognized Thursday at authority headquarters.
The authority currently has more than 2.9 million active TollTags.
TollTag technology that began in North Texas in 1989 is now used worldwide. Further advances led to NTTA’s conversion to an all-electronic system in 2010.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas IT Company Building Global Headquarters In S. Carolina
- Chiefs Hold Off Raiders 21-13 To Take Control Of AFC West
- Team Dallas Metro Headed To National Football Finals
- Dallas Leaders Discuss Next Step In City Manager Search
- Wilkinson Center – West Coast Vibes Christmas