ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Foster Care Center Looks To Limit Lifetime Impact Of Abuse
- South Carolina Prosecutors Plan To Retry Officer Accused Of Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Vandals Smear Bacon On Muslim Owner’s Restaurant
- SWAT Standoff Over In Denton; Suspect In Custody
- Lawyer’s Death Brings Personal Sadness To Dallas County Judge