Rangers Catcher Gimenez Designated For Assignment While On Paternity Leave
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Ford Expands Air Bag Recall Nationwide
- Report: Mavs Emerge As Suitor For Rajon Rondo
- Arlington Police Search For Suspects In Three Bank Robberies
- Arlington Doctor Gets 10 Years Jail For Fraud