Rangers Catcher Gimenez Designated For Assignment While On Paternity Leave
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One Day To Raise Millions Of Dollars
- Athletics Out Of AL Wild-Card Spot After Rangers Sweep
- Arlington Firefighter Returns From Deployment
- Rams On High Alert For Cowboys’ Murray
- Texans Work To Get Stranded Family Out Of Hurricane Devastation