ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Baylor Trying To “Keep Everybody Out Of Trouble”
- Swimmer Feigen Apologizes For “Distraction” In Rio
- Louisiana Signs Emergency Order To Speed Up Debris Pickup
- Groundbreaking For Tarrant County TEX Rail Commuter Line
- Homeowners Concerned Over Proposed DART Rail From Plano To DFW Airport