ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pitcher Bartolo Colon Cut By Rangers, Could Rejoin Them Soon
- March For Our Lives: Thousands In North Texas Join Nationwide Movement
- Paul McCartney Rallies In New York To Remember John Lennon
- New York Firefighter Dies Battling Blaze On Set Of Movie
- Hundreds Of Thousands Across US March For Gun Control