Rangers Catcher Gimenez Designated For Assignment While On Paternity Leave
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas House Approves Slicing State Sales Taxes For 1st Time
- Baltimore Riots Force MLB Game To Be Played To Empty Stadium
- Top Goals, Saves From Stanley Cup Playoffs Round One
- NFL Relinquishing Tax-Exempt Status
- Boxing Insider Talk: Steve Farhood, Boxing Analyst