Rangers Catcher Gimenez Designated For Assignment While On Paternity Leave
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers catcher Chris Gimenez has been removed from the paternity leave list and designated for assignment.
The moves were announced Thursday, an off day for Texas.
Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is eligible to be activated from the disabled list Friday before the opener of a weekend series in Houston.
Gimenez went on paternity leave Monday, and remained on that list for the maximum three days.
The Rangers have 10 days to trade, release or outright Gimenez to the minor leagues.
In 34 games over two stints with Texas this season, he hit .262 with 11 RBIs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Crowley Man Charged With Murdering Father Of Two
- North Texas Man Sentenced To 17+ Years For Fictional Disney Scheme
- Two Suspects Wanted For Shooting During Party In Cleburne
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- Fort Worth ISD Breaks Ground On New Student Aviation Center