Tasha’s To Do List: August 7-10
DALLAS (KRLD) – Looking for something to do this weekend? KRLD’s Tasha Stevens has some ideas for you and your family!
– Here is a chance for you to hear the music of three of your favorite bands at a discount. See KISS tribute “Rock and Roll Over”, RATT tribute “Infestation”, and Def Leppard tribute “Hysteria” at the House of Blues Thursday night!
– Cameron Mackintosh’s new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s, The Phantom of the Opera, is now on tour across North America. This deal has a new scenic design, new costumes, new choreography. See this version of the Phantom which is one of the largest productions on tour now at the Winspear.
– Thursdays mean tubing down the Trinity River and checking out cool tunes at the Panther Island Pavilion. “Rockin the River” is a free weekly summer concert series with a cool twist: The stage is right on The Trinity River in the shadow of downtown Fort Worth. You can watch the show from the water or you can bring a chair or a blanket and watch from shore. You can see Brandon Rhyder Thursday night!
– Sea Life Aquarium Celebrates Shark Week next week at Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium. Get up close and personal to over 15 species of sharks and watch shark feedings at 2 p.m. on August 12, 14 and 16.
– Up for a Night Hike? Then be at the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area Saturday night. You’ll follow trail guides on a moonlit stroll down the Redbud Trail. Don’t be freakin’ when you hear coyotes howling, owls hooting, and other night sounds.
– The First Course DFW Restaurant Week Kick Off Party is happening Thursday evening at Centennial Hall at Fair Park. This deal celebrates the 16 year heritage of Restaurant Week’s giving back to the community while enjoying delicious food from some of the best restaurants in the Metroplex. Whet your appetite with an exclusive first taste of featured craft cocktails and tasty bites from North Texas’ top restaurants.
– You may have a seen this dude in a viral video a couple of weeks back. Some chick grabbed his jeans and ripped them as he was walking on stage in concert. She better be glad his wife wasn’t there ‘cause that chick don’t play when it comes to her man. See Tim McGraw at Gexa, Friday, August 8.
– This woman helped change the face of country music with songs she wrote about her own life. “You Aint Woman Enough to Take My Man”, “The Pill”, “If You’re Lookin at Me”, “You’re Lookin at Country” — just a smidgen of this great lady’s hits. It is Loretta Lynn at Bass Hall Saturday night, August 9. Celebrate Loretta’s 50th anniversary as a recording artist with an unforgettable evening of music and stories.
– If you dig southern rock, you will dig these guys. They are known for two hits back in the 70’s — ”Can’t You See” and “Heard it in a Love Song”. See the Marshall Tucker Band Saturday night, August 9 at Fat Daddies in Mansfield.
– If you love all things 80’s music, you must be at the House of Blues Saturday night! See the Molly Ringwalds.
– This is the easiest way to feel like a teenager again without inventing a time machine. These two bands were all over the radio back in the early 80’s. Saturday night they will be in the metroplex. Check out The Whispers, Freddie Jackson and the Dazz Band at the Verizon.
– The Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival is coming to Gexa Saturday night. Korn, Avenged Sevenfold & Asking Alexandria will all be there, so get that black concert shirt out and grab that bottle of Excedrin for all that head banging you’ll be doing.
– I have something for fans of the fangs. This weekend, August 8-10, you can attend the Vampire Diaries Convention in Dallas. They say they will have parties, panels, contests, autograph sessions, photo ops, & more.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hospital Of Dallas Ebola Patients Posts Poor ER Benchmarks
- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence
- Dallas Police Prepare To Test Thousands Of Old Rape Kits
- Ebola Impacts Arlington Couple’s Anniversary Cruise
- New Traffic Signal Style Debuts In Keller