DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Federal authorities have arrested a man suspected of selling drugs to an East Texas man whose mysterious disappearance prompted his family to criticize investigators for mishandling the case.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Beaumont says Shane Dewayne Hadnot has been indicted on charges alleging he sold drugs to Alfred Wright shortly before Wright went missing in November.
Wright’s family says law enforcement bungled its search before Wright’s body was found a mile from where he was last seen south of Hemphill, about 170 miles northeast of Houston.
Authorities said Friday that Wright’s blood had traces of cocaine, methamphetamine and the antidepressant Xanax. They say text messages confirm Wright arranged to buy the drugs from Hadnot.
Hadnot is expected in court Friday. His attorney didn’t immediately return a message.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Living With People They Bite, Zika Mosquitoes Hard To Fight
- Bedford Apartment Fire Leaves 1 Person Dead
- Denton PD To Recreate Deadly Crash That Killed 2 Kids
- Pedestrian Killed Crossing 635-LBJ Monday Night
- FWISD School Calendar Vote Results To Be Revealed