Lumber Truck Catches Fire, Dangles From Bridge On Hwy 175 Near Seagoville
SEAGOVILLE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Friday morning a lumber truck traveling west-bound on Hwy 175 in Kaufman County blew a left front tire causing the driver to lose control and crashing on a bridge.
According to reports the truck hit the guard rail as it was crossing a bridge and the truck caught fire. Some of the lumber also fell off the overpass to the ground below and started a small brush fire.
The driver was transported to Baylor Hospital in Dallas with non-life threatening injuries.
Officials say TxDOT will need to inspect the bridge.
The road is expected to be closed for several hours.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD and follow CBSDFW.com for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Eight Horses Die In Stable Fire
- Romo Passes Aikman As Cowboys All-Time Leader In Passing Yards
- Authorities Place 4 Texas Disabled Men In Protective Care
- Texas Experts Say Use Care With Holiday Fireworks
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Arrested For Sexual Assault