SEAGOVILLE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Friday morning a lumber truck traveling west-bound on Hwy 175 in Kaufman County blew a left front tire causing the driver to lose control and crashing on a bridge.
According to reports the truck hit the guard rail as it was crossing a bridge and the truck caught fire. Some of the lumber also fell off the overpass to the ground below and started a small brush fire.
The driver was transported to Baylor Hospital in Dallas with non-life threatening injuries.
Officials say TxDOT will need to inspect the bridge.
The road is expected to be closed for several hours.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD and follow CBSDFW.com for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TEX Rail Set To Become Reality, But…
- FBI, U.S. Marshals And Secret Service Investigate Journalist’s Murder
- Crews Still Pouring Water On Train Wreckage In Panhandle
- TX AG Says FWISD Transgender Policy Violates State Law
- 3 More Women Join Federal Lawsuit Against Baylor