Lumber Truck Catches Fire, Dangles From Bridge On Hwy 175 Near Seagoville
Get Breaking News First
SEAGOVILLE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – On Friday morning a lumber truck traveling west-bound on Hwy 175 in Kaufman County blew a left front tire causing the driver to lose control and crashing on a bridge.
According to reports the truck hit the guard rail as it was crossing a bridge and the truck caught fire. Some of the lumber also fell off the overpass to the ground below and started a small brush fire.
The driver was transported to Baylor Hospital in Dallas with non-life threatening injuries.
Officials say TxDOT will need to inspect the bridge.
The road is expected to be closed for several hours.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD and follow CBSDFW.com for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study: Apple’s New iPhones Score Big In Durability
- Cowboys Erase 21-Point Deficit, Beat Rams 34-31
- Police Search For Suspect In Robbery
- White House Intruder Identified As Texas Army Veteran
- LB McClain Added To List Of Cowboys Inactives VS Rams