McIlroy Surges To Lead At Soggy PGA Championship
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Rory McIlroy has shot 4-under 67 in the second round of the soggy PGA Championship for a two-stroke lead over Ryan Palmer.
This is a familiar spot for McIlroy, who arrived at Valhalla having won his last two tournaments. He captured the British Open at Royal Liverpool with a wire-to-wire performance, and rallied to win at Firestone last weekend.
Now, with many of the contenders just teeing off Friday, McIlroy is once again the guy everyone is chasing.
Starting on the back, McIlroy rolled in a 30-foot eagle putt at the 18th, just missed another eagle at the seventh, and closed with a 16-foot birdie on the ninth. He pumped his fist and walked off with his fifth straight round in the 60s. He was 9-under 133.
Palmer shot 70.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Police Still Searching For Kidnapping, Rape Suspect
- The Top 5 Potential Playoff Starting Pitchers Under 26 Years-Old
- Child Protective Services Searching For Missing 10-Year-Old
- A Lottery Player’s Fantasy Come True — Scratch-Off & Sniff Tickets
- North Richland Hills Releases 200 Blue Balloons In Support Of Law Enforcement