LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Rory McIlroy has shot 4-under 67 in the second round of the soggy PGA Championship for a two-stroke lead over Ryan Palmer.
This is a familiar spot for McIlroy, who arrived at Valhalla having won his last two tournaments. He captured the British Open at Royal Liverpool with a wire-to-wire performance, and rallied to win at Firestone last weekend.
Now, with many of the contenders just teeing off Friday, McIlroy is once again the guy everyone is chasing.
Starting on the back, McIlroy rolled in a 30-foot eagle putt at the 18th, just missed another eagle at the seventh, and closed with a 16-foot birdie on the ninth. He pumped his fist and walked off with his fifth straight round in the 60s. He was 9-under 133.
Palmer shot 70.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing Burleson Man
- Jenny Shin Wins In Texas For First LPGA Tour Title
- Calhoun Helps Angels Stop Rangers’ 4-Game Streak
- Dallas Man Arrested, Accused Of Attempted Kidnapping
- Dallas Stars Fall To St. Louis Blues In OT, NHL Series Tied 1-1