Mesquite Public Pool Remains Open Despite Multiple Employee Infections
MESQUITE, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A public pool in Mesquite remains open after employees come down with an infection.
An anonymous listener tells KRLD that 6 lifeguards at the Vanston Pool on Oates Dr. in Mesquite have come down with a staph infection after another employee was on the pool site for 4 days with the infection before making anyone aware of their condition.
But Wayne Larson with the city of Mesquite says the pool is safe for the public to use.
While he would not say how many employees were affected, and with what, he did say the employees were sent home and told not to return until they got a note from a doctor clearing them.
No notice was given to the public.
The pool is scheduled to remain open until August 16th.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Teen Tries To Make It At Stars Development Camp
- Fort Worth Officer Saves Man From Possibly Drowning
- Land Developer Accused Of Desecrating Graves
- Police Investigate Report of Teen Sexually Assaulted on Job Interview
- Baylor University Drops ‘Homosexual Acts’ From Conduct Rules