LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Tiger Woods is in danger of missing the cut at a major championship for only the fourth time in his professional career.
Woods played the front nine of the PGA Championship at 4-over 39 on Friday, pushing his total score to 7 over. With the projected cut at 1 over — and little chance it would go much higher — he needed a sudden burst of birdies after the turn to have any chance.
That seemed highly unlikely.
Through his first 27 holes at Valhalla, Woods made only one birdie — a chip-in from off the green at the 16th hole Thursday.
The last time he failed to make a major cut was the 2011 PGA Championship in Atlanta. He also missed at the 2009 British Open and 2006 U.S. Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Remembering Kaytlynn Cargill
- Iron Maiden Bangs Out Pick Up Soccer Game Before Show
- California AG Bans State Travel To Texas, 3 Other States
- Dallas Mavericks Select Dennis Smith Jr.
- Entrepreneurship Camp Teaches Success In Business And Life