FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Yu Darvish couldn’t command his pitches, and that was a recipe for disaster, as the Rangers fell to Houston 8-3 Saturday night. Darvish lasted only 4 innings and gave up 5 earned runs on 9 hits and walked 4.
Chris Carter and Jon Singleton did the most damage for the Astros. Carter had 2 runs and 2 hits, while Singleton had 2 hits and 3 rbi.
Former Texas Ranger, Scott Feldman, got the win to improve to 6-8 on the season. Feldman gave up 3 earned runs and struck out 6 while going 6 1/3 innings.
The Rangers are now 3 1/2 games behind Houston for last place in the AL West.
The Astros go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon at 1:10 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Rory McIlroy Vows That He Will Win The Masters, One Day
- Once Long Shot, Expansion Golden Knights Now Favorite In NHL Playoffs
- Mariners Turn Unlikely Triple Play Against Astros On “Ugly Play”
- Former NFL Player Chris Borland Helping Others Adjust To Retirement
- Cuban OF Juan Pablo Martinez Gets $2.8 Million Bonus From Rangers