FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Yu Darvish couldn’t command his pitches, and that was a recipe for disaster, as the Rangers fell to Houston 8-3 Saturday night. Darvish lasted only 4 innings and gave up 5 earned runs on 9 hits and walked 4.
Chris Carter and Jon Singleton did the most damage for the Astros. Carter had 2 runs and 2 hits, while Singleton had 2 hits and 3 rbi.
Former Texas Ranger, Scott Feldman, got the win to improve to 6-8 on the season. Feldman gave up 3 earned runs and struck out 6 while going 6 1/3 innings.
The Rangers are now 3 1/2 games behind Houston for last place in the AL West.
The Astros go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon at 1:10 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Heavyweight Title Fight Announced
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Rams And 49ers Look To Rebound From Losses
- Dallas, Houston, Philly Join “Overwatch” eSports League
- 2017 College Football Week 4 Games To Watch: TCU-Oklahoma State, Battle Of Bulldogs In Athens
- Kahne Staying In NASCAR With Leavine In 2018