Darvish Falters; Rangers Lose 8-3 To Astros
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Yu Darvish couldn’t command his pitches, and that was a recipe for disaster, as the Rangers fell to Houston 8-3 Saturday night. Darvish lasted only 4 innings and gave up 5 earned runs on 9 hits and walked 4.
Chris Carter and Jon Singleton did the most damage for the Astros. Carter had 2 runs and 2 hits, while Singleton had 2 hits and 3 rbi.
Former Texas Ranger, Scott Feldman, got the win to improve to 6-8 on the season. Feldman gave up 3 earned runs and struck out 6 while going 6 1/3 innings.
The Rangers are now 3 1/2 games behind Houston for last place in the AL West.
The Astros go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon at 1:10 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?
- Dez Bryant Rolling Stone Feature Author Talks Exclusively With Shan & RJ
- Spieth Tries To Make Cut & Stay No. 1