Off-Duty Dallas Officer Involved In Shooting
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An off-duty Dallas Police officer is on leave after shooting and killing a man in Dallas on Sunday night.
Police say the officer spotted a man walking down the street making lewd comments at women in North Oak Cliff around 6 p.m.
The officer followed the suspect, who then attempted to get into a car with a family.
The officer used verbal commands towards the suspect, but the man then approached the officer in a manner “perceived as dangerous”.
That’s when the officer shot the man multiple times.
Authorities say that the suspect was transported to Methodist Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The investigation is ongoing.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Free Legal Help For Veterans In Dallas This Month
- City Of Dallas “Underestimated Traffic” Surrounding Mini-Series Shoot
- Fort Worth Moving Forward With Plans For District 6 Police Headquarters
- Mesquite Paints Ball Fields Pink
- Top Fantasy Pickups For NFL Week 5
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- McDonald’s Ordered To Pay $27 Million For Teens’ Deaths
- Game Warden Issues Alligator Warning At North Texas Lake
- Teen Defies Odds, Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting