Fort Hood Changes Commanders
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tennis Player Calls Carmelo Anthony “Soft”
- Armstrong Girlfriend Must Testify, Landis To Produce Records
- Garland Homeowner Shoots Man During Break-In
- Hunt County Child Pornographer Sentenced To 60 Years
- Body Of Murdered Man Found Along Garland’s Duck Creek