FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southwest Flight Delayed Due To Suspicious Item On Board
- Parents Say Teens Left Unsupervised During Parts Of European Trip
- Despite Damaging Storms, Insurance Spike Hits Homeowners
- Error Means Refunds For Some Tarrant County Taxpayers
- Dallas Mayor Rawlings Supports Plans For New Subway Line