Fort Hood Changes Commanders
Get Breaking News First
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- El Nino Forecast To Help Texas Out Of Drought
- North Texan Jordan Spieth Back On Familiar Ground At Ryder Cup
- Colleyville Police Investigating Murder
- Mavs Sign Free Agent Forward Charlie Villanueva
- Vote: Best College Football Program In Texas