Fort Hood Changes Commanders
Get Breaking News First
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 3
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure