FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plumbing Company Owner On Employee Killed On The Job: ‘He Was Like A Son To Me’
- Star Wars Fans Gather To Watch Debut Of Latest Installment
- Texas AG Aide Out After Social Media Post Disparaging ‘Pathetic’ Women
- Front Porch Cameras Deterring Package Thieves
- Police Warning About Latest Package Scam