FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Fort Hood and III Corps have a new commanding general.
Lt. Gen. Sean B. MacFarland relieved Lt. Gen. Mark Milley of command during ceremonies Friday at the Central Texas Army post.
MacFarland comes to Fort Hood after commanding Fort Bliss and the 1st Armored Division.
Milley had commanded III Corps and Fort Hood since December 2012. He will be promoted to general and become the commanding general of the U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Aug. 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ Star Miguel Ferrer Dies At 61
- Vandals Deface Little Elm High School Band Trailer
- Little Elm High Alumni Pay Tribute To Slain Former School Resource Officer
- Bedford Family Grateful Despite Stray Bullet Piercing Their Car
- UT Arlington Looks To Help Students Through Their ‘Digital Footprint’