FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – Frisco police have arrested and charged a 16-year-old boy with the murder of his parents.
Ryan Callens, 48, and Maria Elena Callens, 49, were found shot dead in their Frisco home on Sheperds Hill Lane early Monday morning.
Their 16-year-old son was taken into custody and has been booked in the Collin County Juvenile Detention Center on two counts of murder.
Police say at least one other family member was home at the time of the shooting, which was around 2 a.m.
Neighbors say the 16-year-old was home schooled and the youngest of five children.
Neighbor Edith Benitez had tears in her eyes when she talked about the teen. “He spent time in my house…all the time in summertime. He come to play with Natalie and that hurts me.”
Benitez said his parents were very strict and neighbors used the word “sheltered” to describe him.
“He couldn’t eat or drink certain things, couldn’t watch things. He was just like really restricted.”
Neighbors also described him as a nice, kind person who got along well with others.
Police have not identified a possible motive for the shootings at this time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Patterson 202 Games At TCU, Snyder Seeks 201st K-State Win
- During First Look At Wildfire Rubble, Residents In A Daze
- Chris Arnold Stories: NBA Legends Ballin’ In Roger Staubach’s Backyard
- Trader Joe’s Hummus Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
- Rolando McClain Suspended Indefinitely For Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy