FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fort Worth City Council will vote Tuesday on a proposal to make a four percent average pay hike official for city employees. They took up the proposal last week.
The city council said employees have saved the city a lot of money in ongoing cost-savings efforts.
The pay raises will coincide with an improving economy, according to city officials.
Dallas announced a similar four percent pay raise for its employees last week.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hot-Shooting Sky Beat Wings 92-87
- Search Continues For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Addison Apartment Fire Sparked By Lightning Strike
- Baker’s Solo HR Lifts TCU Past West Virginia, 11-10
- SEC, ACC combine for 13 of 16 NCAA baseball tourney sites
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- McDonald’s Ordered To Pay $27 Million For Teens’ Deaths
- Game Warden Issues Alligator Warning At North Texas Lake
- Teen Defies Odds, Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting