TV Ratings For PGA Championship Best In 5 Years
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS Sports says Rory McIlroy’s one-shot victory over Phil Mickelson in the PGA Championship produced the highest overnight ratings in five years.
CBS says the household rating was 6.0 with a 13 share, up 36 percent from a year ago when Jason Dufner beat Jim Furyk at Oak Hill, meaning probably more than 6 million people watched on Sunday. It was the highest rating since a 7.5 and 17 share in 2009 when Y.E. Yang rallied from two shots behind to beat Tiger Woods at Hazeltine.
Sunday at Valhalla featured four players with at least part of the lead on the back nine — McIlroy, Mickelson, Rickie Fowler and Henrik Stenson. The round finished at 8:43 p.m. EDT because of a rain delay earlier Sunday, and McIlroy finished in the dark.
McIlroy has won the last two major championships.
- Grieving Parents Giving Teens Life Or Death Warning About Ecstasy
- Renown Denton Business Frenchy’s Told To Remove American Flags
- Doctor Who Visited Africa Tests Positive For Ebola In NYC
- Pics Show Cheerleaders Topless Doing Drugs; Parents Outraged
- Task Force Shifts Ebola Patient’s Treatment Strategy