LA Clippers Sale To Steve Ballmer Goes Through
Sports Fan Insider
LOS ANGELES (AP) – Steve Ballmer is officially the new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers.
The team says the sale closed Tuesday after a California court confirmed the authority of Shelly Sterling, on behalf of the Sterling Family Trust, to sell the franchise. Her husband, Donald Sterling, had unsuccessfully fought the sale of the team he owned since 1981 in court.
The NBA Board of Governors had previously approved the sale.
Ballmer says he will be “hardcore” in giving the team, coach Doc Rivers, the staff and players the support they need.
Rivers calls it “an amazing new day in Clippers history,” and says he’s inspired by Ballmer’s passion for the game.
Ballmer, Rivers and Clippers players will attend a new fan festival announced for next Monday at Staples Center.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Friday Night Lights Meant Halloween Came Early In One City
- Man Shot, Killed Outside Plano Subway
- Last Person Seen With Missing Woman Speaks Exclusively With CBS 11
- North Texas Kissing Bugs Carry Potentially Killer Disease
- Mark Cuban Hopes Dallas Becomes ‘City Of Champions’