Massive Blunt Trauma Caused Ward’s Death
AP — Kevin Ward Jr. died of blunt force trauma when he was hit by a car driven by NASCAR star Tony Stewart.
Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero says the autopsy was completed Monday. The 20-year-old driver was competing in a dirt-track race in upstate New York.
Authorities questioned Stewart on Saturday night and went to Watkins Glen to talk to him again Sunday. Povero said Monday there were no plans “at this time” to talk to him again.
There is no timetable to complete the investigation.
Povero says there is nothing in the inquiry that supports criminal conduct or probable cause. He says there was no camera in Stewart’s car.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flooding Concerns Continue For Lake Lewisville Residents
- President Obama Signs Texas Disaster Declaration
- Hamilton’s Homers Help Rangers To 7-4 Win Over Red Sox
- Popular Lewisville Lake Spot Surviving The Flood So Far
- Voluntary Evacuations In West Dallas Amid Flood Concerns