FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – A 23-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to two life terms in prison for robbing elderly women in their homes.
The Tarrant County district attorney’s office says Erik White admitted during his sentencing Friday to committing other burglaries and shoplifting daily. White testified that he often targeted the elderly, especially people with nice cars with handicap placards.
His first life sentence was for the 2013 beating and robbery of a 94-year-old Benbrook woman. His second life sentence is for an earlier 2013 robbery in which he held a 72-year-old woman at gunpoint.
Police arrested White after the robbery of the 94-year-old.
He was also sentenced to two 20-year terms for house burglaries. His four sentences will run concurrently.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Demonstration Against Sexual Violence Planned At Baylor University
- CDC Emergency Ops Center Moves To Highest Level Of Activation For Zika Response
- Texas-Sized Surprise: J.J. Visits AT&T Stadium
- High Winds Cause Dallas Mobile Home Fire To Spread
- Health Inspection Scores Online For Lewisville Restaurants