AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – The Texas Railroad Commission has unanimously elected Commissioner Christi Craddick as chairwoman. The vote came Tuesday in Austin.
Craddick, who was born in Midland, was elected to the three-member oil and gas regulatory panel in November 2012. The Austin oil and gas attorney the following month was appointed by Gov. Rick Perry to fill the opening created by Commissioner Buddy Garcia’s resignation.
Craddick, who campaigned against over-regulation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, began her own six-year term in January 2013.
Craddick replaces Barry Smitherman as head of the commission.
Her father is former Texas House Speaker Tom Craddick.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Wallop Mariners 14-1
- Trump Says He And Mexican President Discussed Wall, Not Payment
- Cowboys Lee: ‘I’m Fine – And Coming Back Better’
- Rangers RP Jeffress To Enter Rehab Following DWI Arrest
- Report: Texas Should Reduce Campus Transients After Murder