DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities have arrested a 53-year-old Minnesota resident for a murder that occurred in Denton over 30 years ago.
Francisco Narvaez, then a 42-year-old male from San Antonio, was found murdered in a Denton motel room on Sept. 30, 1983. Detectives with the Denton Police Department investigated the death but were unable to make an arrest.
New leads and evidence led to the indictment of Robert Otteson, currently a resident of Lakeville, Minnesota. He was taken into custody by Lakeville Police and Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension officers.
Investigators from Denton were also on hand to assist in the arrest.
The murder investigation is still ongoing. Authorities have not released a motive in the killing.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Major Survey Of Transgender Americans Finds Widespread Bias
- US 30-Year Average Mortgage Rate Rises To 4.13 Percent
- “Jeopardy!” Contestant Dies Before Episode Airs
- Hyundai Recalls Minivans; Hoods Can Fly Open While Moving
- DFW Salvation Army In Desperate Need Of Bell Ringers
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- McDonald’s Ordered To Pay $27 Million For Teens’ Deaths
- Game Warden Issues Alligator Warning At North Texas Lake
- Teen Defies Odds, Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting