FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A woman and three children were transported to a local hospital after their vehicle slammed into the rear of a stopped utility truck Wednesday morning.
The crash occurred along Risinger Road a few miles west of Interstate-35.
John Davison was a passenger in the utility truck. He says the driver of his vehicle rushed to the car to help.
“He was just calming them down,” said Davison. “Obviously one of the girls had a broken arm. The mom was bleeding real bad. He was just calming them down, talking to them. We got towels. I told someone to call 9-1-1. I was still pretty out of it. I was knocked out of breath from when we first got hit. ”
The mother was taken to Harris Methodist in serious condition. The three kids were sent to Cook Children’s Hospital with minor injuries.
The driver and passenger of the utility truck were treated at the scene and released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gov. Abbott Wants Mental Health Program To ID Potentially Violent Students Across State
- Mesquite Teen Graduates Less Than Year After Learning English
- Ellis County DA Investigating Accuser After Bogus Rape Claim Against DPS Trooper
- Dallas Police Seek Pair After Nightclub Shooting
- More Than 2 Dozen North Texas Fugitives Caught In ‘Major Operation’