COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – Experts at Texas A&M have created a smartphone app to help with game day traffic at Kyle Field where upgrades will increase seating to more than 106,000.
A&M officials on Tuesday unveiled the free app, called Destination Aggieland, during an update on $450 million in stadium renovations. Kyle Field has added about 20,000 seats since last season.
Chancellor John Sharp says the Texas A&M Transportation Institute’s Kyle Field plan, which includes the app, is another way to improve the overall game day experience.
The plan also includes changing traffic and shuttle-bus routes, improving the timing of traffic signals, creating more defined and safer pedestrian paths and providing more efficient prepaid parking options.
The Aggies on Sept. 6 host Lamar.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Ex Trevone Boykin Charged With Assault For Alamo Bowl Bar Brawl
- Old Homes In Arlington Heights Plagued By Flooding
- TEX Rail Set To Become Reality, But…
- FBI, U.S. Marshals And Secret Service Investigate Journalist’s Murder
- Crews Still Pouring Water On Train Wreckage In Panhandle