FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A woman has been killed after being hit by two vehicles on the South Freeway in Fort Worth. Police are looking for one of the vehicles, which fled the scene.
The female pedestrian was first hit by a Chrysler van on the I-35 northbound service road around 4:45 a.m. near the Miller Brewing plant. The driver of the van stopped and remained on scene while emergency personnel responded.
A second vehicle then struck the female, who was still lying in the roadway, and fled the scene.
The woman was pronounced dead on scene.
Police have not released a model of the suspect vehicle, only saying it was “dark-colored”.
Fort Worth Police are still investigating.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ‘Fake’ Parking Attendants Targeting Popular Dallas Neighborhoods
- CBS11 I-Team: Inspections Missed On Local Flood Control Projects
- Dallas Man Says He Was Kicked Off Flight Because Crew Was Uncomfortable
- Attacker Who Gouged Out Man’s Eye Back On Street
- Consumer Justice: More Fans Claim Cowboys Ticket Ripoff