Race Team Alliance Expands To 18 Teams
DALLAS (AP) – Nine more organizations have joined the Race Team Alliance to tackle issues facing NASCAR.
The top nine teams had for the first time formed a single entity to collaborate on initiatives that could help them cut costs and communicate with one voice to NASCAR.
The teams added Wednesday are: BK Racing, Circle Sport, Front Row, Germain Racing, Go Green/FAS Lane, HScott Motorsports, JTG Racing, Phil Parsons Racing and Tommy Baldwin Racing.
The RTA already includes Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Michael Waltrip Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Petty Motor Sports, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Team Penske.
The RTA now includes 18 teams and 37 full-time entries.
The Race Team Alliance was announced in July, and Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman was elected chairman.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Tech Upsets No. 9 Iowa State 78-73
- Jones Helps Texas A&M Outlast Tennessee 67-61
- Abbott Donors Have Strong Week; Inaugural Turnout Lags
- Bomb Threat Against 2 Planes At Atlanta’s Main airport
- Plano Police Arrest Suspect With Possible Link To Burglaries