Romo To Debut Saturday Vs Ravens
OXNARD (105.3 THE FAN) – Tony Romo confirmed the word from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that the quarterback will make his debut on Saturday at AT&T Stadium against the visiting Ravens.
“Now, we just need to be smart about it, let him get a good feel for it out there,” Jones told 105.3 The Fan. “I don’t see him in there for a half or anything like that. But I do think he can take a couple of series.”
Romo, who is eight months removed from back surgery, has clearly been “cutting it loose” in recent practices and has participated in four straight workouts.
The Cowboys opened camp by pronouncing Romo a “full-go” and “100 percent,” an approach that raised red flags every time he sat out a practice. But Romo has made it clear his summer schedule is part of a detailed plan.
And now that plan includes him making an appearance in preseason game No. 2.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Attempted Robber Shot In Dallas
- March Draw Attention To Needs Of Domestic Violence Victims
- Fort Worth Couple Killed In Shooting Saturday Morning
- Dallas Police Say Suspect Confesses To Murder