Stoops’ Sooners Talking National Title
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma believes this could be a special season.
There’s plenty of reason for confidence. The Sooners capped off a strong finish to last season with a win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl that energized the rabid fan base. Trevor Knight emerged at quarterback late last season, and most of a strong defense returns.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is walking a fine line. On one hand, he likes the idea of carrying the momentum from the Sugar Bowl into this season. On the other, he feels the Sooners need to remain hungry and look forward.
The Sooners can back up the excitement they have generated, starting Aug. 30 at home against Louisiana Tech. Oklahoma could be tested at home Sept. 13 against Tennessee.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More Potential Jurors Released From Theater Shooting Trial
- Texas Inmate Set To Die Wednesday Wins Reprieve
- Frustrating & Costly – What’s Behind The NTTA Phantom Toll Bills?
- Many Fear Iconic North Texas Landmark Will Soon Disappear
- Daily Score: Fixing Pressing Sports Problems