NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma believes this could be a special season.
There’s plenty of reason for confidence. The Sooners capped off a strong finish to last season with a win over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl that energized the rabid fan base. Trevor Knight emerged at quarterback late last season, and most of a strong defense returns.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is walking a fine line. On one hand, he likes the idea of carrying the momentum from the Sugar Bowl into this season. On the other, he feels the Sooners need to remain hungry and look forward.
The Sooners can back up the excitement they have generated, starting Aug. 30 at home against Louisiana Tech. Oklahoma could be tested at home Sept. 13 against Tennessee.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Criticizes GOP Senator By Name
- Whole Foods Shareholders Say Yes To Amazon Deal
- Woman’s Tinder Date Steals Dog While She Housesits
- Clinton: My ‘Skin Crawled’ As Trump Shadowed During Debate
- Two North Texas Boys Got To Ride To School In Style