FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Voters in Fort Worth will soon be asked to decide whether the city can build a new 14,000 seat arena.
The massive project would be funded in part by a sales tax increase and partly by private donation.
The new arena and sports facility is expected to cost about $450 million.
The proposal for voters to weigh in on in November also calls for tearing down the city’s 4-decade-old arena downtown.
The new facility would be built near the Will Rogers Memorial Center.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study: Mosquitoes Prefer Pregnant Women, People Who Drink And Athletes
- I-Team Exclusive: Murdered Dallas Lawyer’s Widow Talks
- Fort Worth Amends Ridesharing Ordinance
- SPCA Seizes 15 Cruelly Treated, Neglected Animals
- TCU Ex Trevone Boykin Charged With Assault For Alamo Bowl Bar Brawl