Voters To Decide Fate Of Proposed Fort Worth Arena
FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Voters in Fort Worth will soon be asked to decide whether the city can build a new 14,000 seat arena.
The massive project would be funded in part by a sales tax increase and partly by private donation.
The new arena and sports facility is expected to cost about $450 million.
The proposal for voters to weigh in on in November also calls for tearing down the city’s 4-decade-old arena downtown.
The new facility would be built near the Will Rogers Memorial Center.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 Texas Counties Won’t Meet New Ozone Standard
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
- Late City Councilman Could Be At Center Of Street Name Tug-Of-War
- Mesquite PD To Review Pursuit After Deadly Crash
- U.S. Adult Smoking Rate Dips Just Under 18-Percent