WEATHERFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – The American flags that have been stolen and burned in the town of Weatherford will be replaced with flags from across the nation.
The Miami Beach and Miami Dade Police departments, along with the U.S. Honor Flag Association and national retailers, have donated at least 15 flags to replace the flags that have been destroyed.
“You can’t burn flags in Texas, so we are going to bring them back,” said U.S. Honor Flag Founder Chris Heisler. “We’re going to make sure all the victims are going to get a new flag tomorrow.”
Heisler also indicated his group will donate money to the reward fund when the new flags are presented to the Weatherford Police Department at noon on Friday.
As of Tuesday, there were eight cases of vandalism in the city. So far, none of the tips have panned out for investigators searching for the person/persons responsible.
Parker County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers online or call 817-599-5555.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Funeral Director Pleads Guilty To Abusing Corpses
- New Antibiotic Resistant Superbug Identified In The U.S.
- 2 Killed In Separate Automobile Crashes On Oklahoma Roads
- Former Texas Tech player Arrested On Felony Burglary Charge
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: Which UFA Forwards Should The Stars Keep?