ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Rangers ace Yu Darvish has mild right elbow inflammation that isn’t a long-term concern, although there is no timetable for his return to the Texas rotation.
After receiving results from an MRI, Darvish said Thursday through a translator there was “no pain, just discomfort”. The Japanese star went on the disabled list Wednesday and will miss at least two starts.
The right-hander allowed six runs and nine hits over four innings in his last start Sunday at Houston. Darvish didn’t have issues during the game but felt tightness when throwing on the side Monday.
Darvish is the 14th player currently on the DL for the Rangers, most in the majors. Texas has used 35 pitchers this season, two shy of San Diego’s major league record set in 2002.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barbara Bush: ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Thousands Of People Pay Final Respects To Barbara Bush
- Dallas County Nearly Doubles Couple’s Property Value
- North Korea Says It Has Suspended Nuclear, Missile Testing
- Railroad Commissioner Responds To Dallas Mayor’s Comments