ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Rangers ace Yu Darvish has mild right elbow inflammation that isn’t a long-term concern, although there is no timetable for his return to the Texas rotation.
After receiving results from an MRI, Darvish said Thursday through a translator there was “no pain, just discomfort”. The Japanese star went on the disabled list Wednesday and will miss at least two starts.
The right-hander allowed six runs and nine hits over four innings in his last start Sunday at Houston. Darvish didn’t have issues during the game but felt tightness when throwing on the side Monday.
Darvish is the 14th player currently on the DL for the Rangers, most in the majors. Texas has used 35 pitchers this season, two shy of San Diego’s major league record set in 2002.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 To Win Super Bowl 50
- Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Commercials
- Beyonce Releases New Song Day Before Super Bowl Appearance
- Sheriff: Texas Teen Kills Mom, 2 Neighbors, Then Himself
- Milton, Moore Help No. 12 SMU Rout South Florida 92-58