ARLINGTON (AP) — The Texas Rangers have optioned right-hander Nate Adcock to Triple-A Round Rock, making room on the roster for the expected return of Robbie Ross.
Texas made the moves Thursday, when it recalled left-hander Ross from Round Rock to start that night in place of ailing Yu Darvish.
Darvish was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with right elbow inflammation. The Rangers had said then that Ross would start the series finale against Tampa Bay.
Adcock had a 4.50 ERA in seven relief appearances for the Rangers since getting called up July 24.
Converted reliever Ross began the season in the Texas rotation, and went 1-4 with a 4.78 ERA in nine starts before going back to the bullpen. He was optioned June 17 to Round Rock, where he started.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- GM To Announce $1B Factory Investment, New Jobs
- Update Expected On Target Attack That Left Theater Director In ICU
- Facebook Founder Zuckerberg In Town To Testify In Lawsuit
- Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out Of Inauguration Gala
- Trump Tries To Calm Tensions After Lewis Squabble