ARLINGTON (AP) — The Texas Rangers have optioned right-hander Nate Adcock to Triple-A Round Rock, making room on the roster for the expected return of Robbie Ross.
Texas made the moves Thursday, when it recalled left-hander Ross from Round Rock to start that night in place of ailing Yu Darvish.
Darvish was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with right elbow inflammation. The Rangers had said then that Ross would start the series finale against Tampa Bay.
Adcock had a 4.50 ERA in seven relief appearances for the Rangers since getting called up July 24.
Converted reliever Ross began the season in the Texas rotation, and went 1-4 with a 4.78 ERA in nine starts before going back to the bullpen. He was optioned June 17 to Round Rock, where he started.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rare Video Game Sells In Denton For $7,500
- Former North Texas Teacher Accused Of Embezzling Tens Of Thousands
- Lawyer: Accused Walgreens Shooter Could Argue Self-Defense
- Fired Employee Kills Co-Worker, Self At Houston-Area Company
- Couple Fights Off $1 Million Lawsuit Over Bad Review