Sheriff: $1.7 Million In Marijuana Seized In Central Texas
NAVASOTA, Texas (AP) — Authorities say they’ve seized $1.7 million worth of marijuana plants in a Central Texas drug bust.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that nearly 3,500 plants were found on a 50-acre property near Navasota. The plants ranged from 2 to 8 feet tall.
A neighbor tipped off law enforcement to the location of the plants. Authorities say the people responsible might have been living in a nearby wooded area. No arrests have been made.
The latest drug bust is the sixth time authorities have discovered a marijuana-growing operation in the county since January 2013.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- AP: Former Fort Worth Police Chief Has Financial Ties To Body-Cam Maker
- Jefferson Keys Third Quarter Spurt As Mavs Beat Pelicans 102-93
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Woman On Flight With North Texas Ebola Patient Plans To Sue