NAVASOTA, Texas (AP) — Authorities say they’ve seized $1.7 million worth of marijuana plants in a Central Texas drug bust.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that nearly 3,500 plants were found on a 50-acre property near Navasota. The plants ranged from 2 to 8 feet tall.
A neighbor tipped off law enforcement to the location of the plants. Authorities say the people responsible might have been living in a nearby wooded area. No arrests have been made.
The latest drug bust is the sixth time authorities have discovered a marijuana-growing operation in the county since January 2013.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff