NAVASOTA, Texas (AP) — Authorities say they’ve seized $1.7 million worth of marijuana plants in a Central Texas drug bust.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday that nearly 3,500 plants were found on a 50-acre property near Navasota. The plants ranged from 2 to 8 feet tall.
A neighbor tipped off law enforcement to the location of the plants. Authorities say the people responsible might have been living in a nearby wooded area. No arrests have been made.
The latest drug bust is the sixth time authorities have discovered a marijuana-growing operation in the county since January 2013.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Armed Robber Steals $100K From Bank In Fort Worth
- Welcome To Texas: Texas Country Reporter
- Officer’s Rape Conviction Set Aside After Accuser Admits Lie
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: How Can The Stars Recover Against The Blues
- BREAKING: Worker Rescued From Trench In Irving