PASADENA, Texas (AP) – A mother in the advanced stages of labor thought she had just enough time to stop off and register her 4-year-old son at a Houston-area school en route to the hospital. But she was mistaken.
A school nurse and police officer helped Vanessa DeLeon deliver her baby Thursday at the campus clinic of Fisher Elementary School in Pasadena. The boy, named Geovanni, weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
DeLeon says her contractions began earlier Thursday but that she was intent on registering her son Alexis for prekindergarten at Fisher before giving birth to her fourth child.
The mother and her newborn were doing well when they were later transferred to Bayshore Medical Center.
And she successfully registered Alexis for pre-K at Fisher.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pujols’ 3-Run HR Dooms Rangers
- Cowboys Target Pass Defense With Corners Awuzie & Lewis
- 6 Seriously Injured In 5-Vehicle Crash In Terrell
- The Deadly Consequences Of Cutting Probation Short
- Price Verdict Draws Strong Reactions From His Constituents