DFW AIRPORT (KRLD) – We are just days away from the debut of DART’s new route to DFW Airport.
Monday marks the beginning of rail service to the airport on DART’s Orange Line.
The airport DART station is at Terminal A with connections from there to the other terminals.
City, airport and DART Officials celebrated the new “extended” Orange line with a luncheon and ribbon-cutting prior to the boarding of Friday’s inaugural run to the airport.
DFW Airport CEO Sean Donohue says it will provide more than just ease for travelers.
“It’s going to benefit our customers and it’s also going to benefit the employees. We have 60,000 employees who work out here. It’s just a win for everybody.”
The trip will cost $2.50 and will take an estimated 8 minutes from the Belt Line station in Irving, the closest stop to the airport.
With this new route, five miles of new track between Irving and DFW was laid.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Robbed At Intersection By Man She Thought Was Panhandling
- Family Says Kids Belong In Coppell ISD; District Says “No”
- People Revisiting Their Youth At Adult Sleepaway Camp
- Yu Darvish Homers In Rangers Win Over Reds
- Sex Toys Displayed At UT Protest Against Campus Carry