HOUSTON (AP) — Federal authorities say a Texas woman has admitted to mailing a letter that threatened the life of President Barack Obama.
Prosecutors in Houston announced Friday that 56-year-old Teddy Bear Paradise pleaded guilty to a charge of threatening the president. The woman was previously known as Denise O’Neal.
Prosecutors say she admitted to sending the letter addressed to Obama telling him she was traveling to Washington, D.C. to kill him. They say she later told two Secret Service agents of her intention and that if she couldn’t commit the act herself, she would hire someone else to do it.
Paradise will remain in custody until her November sentencing. She faces up to five years in prison.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- United Airlines Halts Pet Shipments After Several Animal Mishaps
- ‘Heroic’ School Faculty Rescue Crash Victim From Burning Car
- Package Headed For Austin Explodes At FedEx Facility Near San Antonio
- Oklahoma’s Trae Young Leaving For NBA After Freshman Season
- Bomb Carnage Across Texas Now Random; Arrest Doesn’t Appear Close