Prosecutors: Texas Woman Threatened To Kill Obama
HOUSTON (AP) – Federal authorities say a Texas woman has admitted to mailing a letter that threatened the life of President Barack Obama.
Prosecutors in Houston announced Friday that 56-year-old Teddy Bear Paradise pleaded guilty to a charge of threatening the president. The woman was previously known as Denise O’Neal.
Prosecutors say she admitted to sending the letter addressed to Obama telling him she was traveling to Washington, D.C. to kill him. They say she later told two Secret Service agents of her intention and that if she couldn’t commit the act herself, she would hire someone else to do it.
Paradise will remain in custody until her November sentencing. She faces up to five years in prison.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former TCU Student Sentenced For Ty Boone Pickens IV’s Death
- DPS Troopers Out In Force During Thanksgiving Holiday
- Manslaughter Conviction Overturned, Attorney Says Faulty GM Part Is To Blame
- Mavs Look To Get Back On Track Against Undermanned Pacers
- Poster For ‘London After Midnight’ Sells For $478K At Dallas Auction